Monday, January 25, 2010

A Somewhat of a Name Change



So as I am writing this, I'm sitting in the lobby listening to Disney songs. Awesome.
Anyway, as all of you know, this week I was at Mount Washington for our snowboarding trip! I loved it so much! The trip started off with a bang-- with a power-outage and most people half-asleep since we left very early in the morning. Most people dozed off in our van and when we woke up, TADA! there was snow everywhere! When we got there we stayed in this beautiful place called Wintergreen Lodge. During the week, we ate amazing food, hot-tubbed (We had three. Yeah, you heard that right), went tubing, went snowshoeing, built snow caves, had snowball fights, made a snow-slide at the lodge, and (of course) Snowboarding! The first day I fell and hurt my shoulder/arm so I only managed to go on one run the second day before I realized that I would have to sit that day out. It worked out pretty nicely though because I was so stiff and sore from the first day anyway so I had a nice, long nap and homework session. The rest of the days that I got to snowboard were awesome though. Since the only place I've ever boarded before was Table Mountain, here I got to experience fresh powder. So nice.
Each night we had a chapel session where we picked out names for each other. Not just ordinary names, but names with meaning, picked carefully. Just like when God changed Abram's name to Abraham, Saul to Paul, or Jacob to Israel. These are names that are to reflect our character, but also ones that we can grow into. We picked them all one by one, with consideration and debation. Mine is Genuine Jade. I hope to grow into it more as well.
We didn't go to youth group the friday we got back, but I think that was a good thing because I was so exhausted!
What else have I been up to...hmm...well.. Kaleo is not just fun and games, I also have quite a load of homework. Oh, but I do like fun and games... I just wrote a paper on a book we had to read, Kingdom Come by Allen Wakabayashi. It was a pretty decent book.
On Saturday, a bunch of us decided to hike out to the Point. It just turned out to be a gorgeous day so of course we couldn't stay inside. Marissa, Rivs, and myself decided to bush-whack the way back and it was quite the adventure. Lately I've had the urge to be really active so I'm really glad there's so much nice weather here.
Also I've come to really appreciate my New Life crew. So much! I know I say this a lot, but I mean it. Another great day of church and went again for Homeless Ministry. We walked along the railroad tracks and talked about life and prayed for the conversations with the people that the other groups encountered.
So that's about it.
Pray for Haiti and the people there. Pray for Kristie (she injured her shoulder on the trip too). Pray for homework-working.
Auf wiedersehen!


Me and Maris at the Point

0 comments:

Post a Comment