Monday, January 18, 2010

I Hope to Dream of Snowboarding Tonight. Oh, yes indeed.

SNOWBOARDING GNAR SHREDIN MOUNTAIN CARVING TUBING SLEDDIN'
FRESH POWDER EXTREME RIDE MT. WASHINGTON WE WILL ARRIVE
Well anyway, you get the drift (get it? HAHA...so..)

I'm going to make this sweet and short because I have to wake up super early tomorrow for our Mt. Washington trip. I'm so pumped!

This week we had two days of Camp Ministry class, which I really enjoyed. I found it really interesting to hear about other camps and the way they do things when our group compared the ones we work at.

This weekend our wonderful staff took off on a retreat so our Kaleo-sitters took over! It was so fun hanging out with Nicki and Tyler. We also had an epic birthday celebration for Emma's birthday.

I loved having hang-out-with-Katie time. Had some good walks and talks.

I went on a little solo adventure to the Point. It was a very wet trek but the scenery was great.

Friday was the Hunger again. This time seemed a little more crazy than normal as the kids would all talk very loudly during the songs and not participate. I had fun hanging out with Grace (Kaleo's official unofficial biggest fan) and Sarah during it and prayed with a group of kids for the situation in Haiti. The day before we went to a meeting to plan for the hunger and tested out the game we were going to play during it, so...success?

Today on Sunday we went to the Dixon's for lunch. Guess what else I did today?? I made it to our young adults homeless ministry! Finally! This time our group talked to a guy named Dave who had real beef with the people in charge of the shelters (where he lives) and also at the political figures in the city. I liked hearing his view on things because it reminded me of how much the people on the streets are seen as "less of a person". One thing he said stuck in my mind, "I'm sixty years old and they treat me as if I was four." Well they might have their reasons, but I hope he felt more like a person today. Afterward we went back to Pastor Shane's place again and talked about living for the present vs. living for the future.

Well I really need sleep now, so goodnight!

0 comments:

Post a Comment