It seems here I have been swept up in busyness again, but it's been really good. I was so ecstatic-- from the moment stepping off the plane and getting the best greeting posse of my life to everything these couple weeks have brought. I was looking forward to going back to New Life and it was really refreshing seeing everyone again. [There was no friday youth, so really looking forward to next youth]. Class started very soon with Theology of Mission with Tim Stabell. He had such a heart for missions [most likely from experience-- he did missionary work in Congo!] which made the class much more interesting. To end the week of class very nicely, we went to Vancouver for Missions Fest. Overall, I think I am more open to the idea of long-term mission work possibly in the future and there was a lot of eye-opening things I learned from class as well as being at Missions Fest.
Missions has a lot to do with justice and righteousness and there is so much injustice in the world that it is sickening. During the weekend, they had various films playing as a sort of missions-themed film festival to add to the schedule. We watched a few of them, and there was one about the genocide in Rwanda and the story of a couple that married despite their opposite ethnics-- Tutsi and Hutu. They survived by fleeing the country as refugees, but as we know, so many people didn't make it. I heard about the Rwandan Genocide before but honestly, I had no idea the extent of it all. This world is filled with injustices; child soldiers, homelessness, hunger, slavery and sex-trade, racism. We tend to think "Oh that's too bad" and continue with our life; falling into desensitization and ignorance. Although we may not all go to Africa to feed the hungry or do any overseas missions, things can always be done by us all the time. Even right here at home with actions or relationships with the people. Pursuing righteousness. All in all, there is one thing that everyone can do and that is PRAY.
Also with the thought of missions, the decision for 'yes' or 'no' to the India Trip is coming up and missions work is on the mind [to be redundant], how convenient.
In other news, I appreciated the extra-long ferry ride back to the island. It turned out that we had to turn around about halfway through the trip because of a medical emergency on board so it took a lot longer to get back. [I guess a guy had a heart attack and I really hope he is ok]. Looking on the bright side, if there is one to be said, it made into some great hangout time that wouldn't have been the same otherwise.
Today we had an olympics meeting and it's making me excited for what's in store for us. [Including free pass to the Dress rehearsal of the Olympic kick-off ceremonies, whoo!]. I will most likely talk about the olympics in blogs to come so I won't drag this out.
Well that's about it. Tonight we had a worship night and we are starting to do them more regularly. However, at this moment I am quite tired. Camp Ministry class tomorrow with our one-and-only Jimbad.
Please pray for our preparation for the olympics, injustices, and insight for decisions to be made.
Adios!

0 comments:
Post a Comment