Honestly.
I am 100.5% serious.
Now I assure you, it was my roomies doing the kidnapping and Marissa driving the van. So you're probably wondering to yourself, "But Jade, it's not your birthday" and "why would they do such a thing?!". Well to answer that, they wanted to surprise me with some extra-special quality time and I always wanted to experience one of those special kidnappings (shhh, don't let them know that though, haha!). At the time, I realized that I could probably take on both Abby and Caroline in a fight (it's questionable). However, deciding that it was for my own good, I gave up fighting and sat in the van blindfolded plus pillowcased over the head and hands tied. Feeling the familiar twists and turns, I knew we were headed to Duncan. Whoo! Long story short--after some fun times together and good talking, it turned into such a wonderful evening. Gotta love Kaleo.
The rest of today (as in the beginning of today) was filled with INTRODUCTION TO CHRISTIAN THEOLOGY with Jim Paulson. It's in capitals because I imagine it being said with a big, booming voice (don't ask, I don't really know either). So far, it's been good; challenging, but pretty easy to understand.
Coincidently when I reflect on each day to write this blog, it reminds me of the sermon on Sunday (Another nice segue). Pastor Mark spoke on the topic of time. One of the things that stuck out was how he emphasized that each and every day was a gift. Now I had heard this before, but the way he explained everything put it into much better perspective. Basically, most people would go through the week thinking, Sunday is church; oh no, not Mondays; well today is garbage day; can't wait till the end of the week, etc. repeat repeat again again again, hey it's Sunday again. However, each day is unlike any other. Each day is special; it's a gift from God, but we chain ourselves to schedules; to time. It's challenging not to prejudge the day before it happens. I will try to CARPE DIEM!
For lunch on Sunday, we went again to one of our favorite places, the Unrau's! After rushing to camp after a lovely meal and chat/games, we rushed back to Duncan for our Young Adults/homeless ministry. Every time I go, I feel the oppression and darkness that has come on the people we talk to, but at the same time I sense a hope there too. My hope is that their hope will be found in God; not relationships, not alcohol, and not drugs (you get the idea). Continue to pray for them as they conquer the everyday struggles and destructive habits that they fall into.
Friday was an amazing day (again with the weekday naming). It was the Cowichan Valley Youth Worship Night at Qwanoes! Right here on home turf, meaning our youth came to us (pretty cool, eh?). I slapped some bass on the worship team and got to carry a massive water gun and look very menacing for the night game. Our very own JLen was ze speaker and overall the kids had a lot of fun. So many kids came; I would say it turned out to be a success! It was nice meeting youth from other youth groups too. (I became a mass-producer of origami to a group of little girls from Warmland, haha).
To sum it all up, it was another great week.
Pray for Kaleo as we prepare in all ways for our missions trips!
-Genuine Jade

(Unlike Garfield, I don't mind Monday air so much. It's just rainy)

2 comments:
Hey Jaderator!! Loved checking out your blogs this afternoon, esPECIALLy after hearing your story this morning. I just love you!! I love your honesty, your gentleness, your kindness, I could keep going... I really want to get to know you more. Will you come hang out with me and chat more often??
I really meant what I shared with you today. And I wanted to remind you again of what the Lord IS and is going to do in you. This is what He says to you (in Isaiah 62: 3-5; check out verse 2 as well):
"Jade, you will be a crown of splendor in the Lord's hand, a royal diadem in the hand of your God. No longer will they call you Deserted, or name your land Desolate. But you will be called "My delight is in her" and your land Beulah; for the Lord will take delight in you... as a bridegroom rejoices over his bride, so will your God rejoice over YOU!!"
Jader: He reJOICEs over you!!
Thanks Kristie! I really appreciate that.
Let's have hang out times when we all get back. All the best to the Mexico team!
Post a Comment