Just to be redundant...IT'S READING BREAK!
I like to think of it as a break, but in all honesty it is called Reading Break for a reason. I sure have a lot of reading to do....but Gym night tonight was grand-- we played floor hockey.
Yesterday was a mad rush to finish my Heart paper for Spir Form. The crazy thing was that at church, Pastor Mark talked about the exact same things that I was writing about... I like God's humour.
For other random things:
I saw the Olympic Torch! It went through Crofton; imagine that.
Last night we went to the Badke's and made bannock, which we roasted at the beach. It reminded me so much of camp and also reminded me of the goodness of bannock. Mmmm.
On Saturday was "Trunk-or-Treat" at church (Where people decorate the trunks of their vehicles and give out candy). After rushing to find a costume-y thing to wear, I ended up going as a gypsy/pirate/evil character from Narnia (Yeah, I don't really know either). We attempted to make the van into the wardrobe to Narnia but it turned out someone had used the same idea and ours was really sketchy looking anyways. Instead we helped out in othe
For Sunday, church day, we kept tradition of going to lunch at a church-member's place. This time we went to the Unrau's. It was a great time of food, would-you-rathers, and talk about the future for the church and their heart in the homeless ministry. That is something I am hearing a lot of lately and I really hope I can help more with this in different situations, even if it just be prayer.
I think one of my highlights from the year so far would be the surf trip. We all packed in vans and headed to the other side of the island. On the way there we stopped again at Coombs and stopped at this gorgeous place called Cathedral Grove. There were massive trees there and I felt like I was in Jurassic Park. We also stopped to eat lunch at this place with huge rapids that could snap logs in half.
We stayed at a church in Ucluelet and surfed in Tofino. Sidenote- That was my first time surfing and I loved it! Four K5 guys came along all the way from Bridalquest, whoops I mean Briercrest, to hang out which was so awesome. We watched the Cold Water Classic, which was a pro surf competition going on at the time. I have new respect for surfing; not only the actually surfing part, but the carrying the board part, haha. One day some of us went on a hike to a place called "The Blowhole". Everytime the waves came in, it would send a huge spray of water into the air! I could watch it for hours, it was so amazing. After each day was done and we were tired and content, we had chapel. I love the honesty everyone has in our group and I have gotten so much encouragement from their stories.
So, I've been thinking lately about how the ocean relates to fearing God. It is the same as fearing the expanse that stretches out before me, but in a sense of awe and wonder. Talking in every perspective you can see, but realizing it is only a tiny piece of the greater puzzle.
That's all I have to say for now. Hope to see you here again soon. Thank you come again.
That's all I have to say for now. Hope to see you here again soon. Thank you come again.

0 comments:
Post a Comment