Monday, September 21, 2009

In the beginning...


Ah! I don't know where to start! Well life has been crazy
busy awesome here at Kaleo! It was a long drive here and
after driving, driving, driving, ooo mountains!, driving, driving, ocean!, ferry! I finally came to Camp Qwanoes--where I will be for the next eight months!

It was kind of crazy the first few days trying to remember everyone's names, but we all got to know each other
pretty quickly already. The first night here we split up into teams and played competition-type games. Dark Knights for the win! That night we went down to the dock and sang songs and were fully mesmerized by the phosphorescence in the ocean. (So cool!)

The days after that have been filled with orientation, lots of
good food, a beach party, challenge course training, a trip to Victoria for some shopping and sightseeing, games of volleyball and ultimate frisbee, and reading a book for Spiritual Formation.




The coolest thing, I have to say, was the first day in my new church! New Life Community Baptist (in Duncan, BC). We were introduced to the whole congregation and they were all very welcoming. Afterwards we went to the home of one of the pastors for lunch. I will be helping with youth group on fridays as well and I'm really excited. If anyone would like to pray for this upcoming year with my new church that would be great!

Anyways, tomorrow/today we leave very early to go hiking in Strathcona so I will end my post here!


My room! (Ignore the mess)



My roomies! Abby and Caroline!


2 comments:

Michelle said...

I'm super stoked that you put your link on the Kaleo family blog (that is what i like to call it)
I LOVE NEW LIFE! it is a wonderful Church family... Get to know them, Keep me posted on how to be praying for you. My heart Longs to be a part of your family but I KNOW that the lord has called me other places. I came for like a few hours when you guys did the challenge course work shop, you may not remember and that totally cool.
God bless you as you go through this beautiful life changing program called kaleo, P.s Welcome to the family!

Genuine Jader said...

(So I'm just answering this now...)
Michelle you rock!

Post a Comment